Gorditas de Lechera • Recipe

 ENGLISH     |      ESPAÑOL

Here's a quick and easy holiday recipe from a Mexican household! Gorditas are a fluffy pastry traditionally filled with beans, cheese or meat. These are sweetened condensed milk gorditas that are a winter time favorite. I made them Zacatecas style (state that my father is from) where we like our food a little extra toasted!

Ingredients:
1 egg
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
3 - 4 cups of all purpose flour

Instructions:
1. Mix egg, baking powder, vanilla extract, milk, and vegetable oil.
2. Add condensed milk and mix well.
3. Add 2 cups of flour and mix with hands. Continue adding flour until mixture is no longer sticky (but not too stiff either).
4. Heat a pan to low heat.
5. Flatten the dough into circles (or heart shape!) with hands.
6. Add to the pan and flip when desired golden brown color is reached.

Allow to cool. Enjoy!



Have a wonderful holiday season and savor these tasty gorditas!

Adriana "Adi" Robles
罗安翠

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Adam.
      Merry Christmas to you and your family!

      Delete
  2. I never had a Gorditas before and the moment I read 'cheese', best believe I will try this recipe with my sister. We love trying new recipes. I've bookmarked this post for future reference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Cheese is life!
      I'm so happy you took a fancy to this recipe.<3

      Delete
  3. These look yummy! I need to try them one day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the fun!