Spirulina Bowl • Recipe


 ENGLISH     |     ESPAÑOL

I miss sharing recipes on my blog so here's a new one for you! Super easy, healthy, quick to make, and it'll save you money as well. I was inspired by an old Youtube video from Spanish graphic designer, photographer, and model, Irina Isasia. I used to spend $7 a day on açaí bowls and my bank account was taking the punches. The reason it took me so long to buy all the ingredients is because I'm not accustomed to purchasing items like cacao, açaí, or activated charcoal powder. However, I'm on this whole new road of growing and trying new things, so off to the market I went! They didn't have any of those three powders so I bought an item I'm somewhat familiar with, spirulina!

My family has always had it in both our Los Angeles and Mexico kitchens but I've never tried it myself, until now. After this recipe I fell in LOVE with spirulina! It is an algae that is turned into a dry powder and was even used by the Aztecs for its high source of vitamins and minerals! Without further blabbing, let's begin!

In Blender:
Large Bowl:          Small Bowl:
3 Coconut milk ice cubes          2 Coconut milk ice cubes
2 Bananas (sliced)          1 Banana (sliced)
2 tbsp Spirulina powder          1tbsp Spirulina powder

Toppings:
Granola w/ Pineapple
Coconut shavings
Banana slices
Eucalyptus Honey

The toppings are the fun part because you can add any nutritious ingredients you want! It all depends on your taste buds and which flavors compliment one another.

In total I only spent $9 and can now make several of these babies! It definitely beats spending $7 a day! Below I have added Irina's original video. It's in Spanish but she demonstrates all the ingredients so it is very easy to follow. See you next time! :)

Adriana "Adi" Robles
罗安翠

Comments

  1. Looks very healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super healthy!
      I only make it when I feel really tired in certain mornings. Gives me plenty of energy.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks so good right now! I've tried spirulina before. It was an instant cereal drink with spirulina from my country (Malaysia) and I actually really liked it. Great recipe, and yay for saving more money! :) xx Ain (www.captaineverland.co.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayyy tengo ganas de probarlo, se ve genial! Justo hoy estuve a punto de comprar espirulina y al final la dejé.. Volveré a por ella ^^
    Ahh y voy a leer ahora mismo los posts que has hecho sobre Cáncer y Leo, con lo que me gusta a mi la astrología!
    Un beso!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jajaj ¡te va encantar!

      Ahorita mismo voy a leer tus otros comentarios. Gracias :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks a lot :D

    hmmm, looks delicious

    NEW REVIEW POST | NYX HD STUDIO PHOTOGENIC FOUNDATION!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Your dish looks very delicious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jo, me recuerda a una comida que sale en Spy Kids♥.
    No conocía la espirulina 0:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nunca he visto la espirulina en venta, aunque me imagino que debe estar en lugares de comida naturista y así, que interesante!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cuando regrese la semana después de comprar la espirulina ya no la tenían :O

      Delete
    2. He preguntado y apenas en lugares de comida especializada. Gracias, yo no sabia que ya la había consumido en un restaurante veggie en Mazatlán, la venden en "shots" de clorofila, toda una experiencia.

      Delete
  8. Looks pretty and healthy. But does it taste good, Adi? I really want to try it and get back into being healthy again.

    https://sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never share anything that doesn't taste good! Hahaha
      That's awesome that you want to get healthy. :)

      Delete
  9. I've tried spirulina before... not the biggest fan. Would change it up a bit and use something else. But always love a fruit bowl.

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spirulina does have a unique taste. But the beauty of these bowls is that you can use your favorite flavors! :)

      Delete
  10. Tengo que probar así, solo una vez intenté tomar espirulina en un licuado y me supo terrible. Está arrumbada al fondo de la despensa porque sé que es demasiado saludable para deshacerme de ella, pero no me atrevía a pasar por el tormento del mismo licuado. Ya tengo idea del desayuno de mañana :)

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! En esta receta el sabor de plátano ayuda mucho. :)
      Siempre es bueno tener polvos diferentes para no comer el mismo!

      Delete
  11. Well well this looks delicious. I'd love to try it.
    The problem is that I haven´t seen spirulina powder on this city, so I'll have to keep eating the traditional bowls :(
    Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always use whatever is available that you find delicious! Maybe a chocolate one will be really good and the powder is easier to find. :)

      Delete
  12. With veganism becoming increasingly popular nowadays, many folk on the vegan diet are in desperate need for quick and easy vegan recipes to accommodate their busy lifestyle.
    https://www.lelandwest.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's recipes like these that make time consuming much simpler.

      Delete
  13. This looks delicious <3 Nice Post! Have a great day!
    Allurerage
    Rampdiary

    ReplyDelete
  14. i take spirulina as supplements every day and i think i really swear by them! they make me feel less sluggish and more...ready for the day, i guess. but i never eat spirulina like this lol what do spirulinas taste like when you blend them this way? since i take them as tablet supplements, i taste nothing but to see em as puree kind of makes me go "aaaaaaa i don't know if i can eat thiiiis" :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the capsules before and I think it's a great alternative for those who don't like the color green too much (like this bowl) xD

      Delete
  15. I would love to give this a try, I've never heard of spirulina before! This recipe has introduced me to something totally new :D if I can find it to buy it, I will definitely try it xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am learning that it is not a flavor for everyone but it is a superfood and worth a shot! :)

      Delete
  16. Un post genial, tiene buena pinta :)
    Besos!!

    Alas de Angel
    Mi Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. One can ignore it or be unaware of it, but the Spirulina algae in its natural or supplement form is not just a super food, but the super food for the amazing benefits it is packed with.
    Leland West Insurance

    ReplyDelete
  18. Es un super alimento. Y lo triste es que hay muy pocos puntos de venta o no le dan (aún) la mención/publicidad que se merece.
    Me encantan los bowls, son super fresquitos, dulces y deliciosos.
    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the fun!