Bubble U • Review

 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

Yesterday looked so pretty from my balcony that it gave me the boost I needed to complete my chores, study Chinese, and practice using our filming equipment.

Later on I went out to one of my favorite boba spots in Chinatown.

I don't practice my Mandarin with the shop owners in Chinatown because the majority of them speak Cantonese. The younger generations that are my age range hang out it San Gabriel / Alhambra spots. However, I get shy and end up ordering stuff in English. ;___; It's also a little drive from Downtown and I was craving Bubble U!  

Bubble U opened about two years ago and it attracts a lot of youth that still live in this antique area. The ambience makes you feel like you're sitting in a Chinese drama (and they play shows on one of their TV's!) The music is light / comforting and the staff has a welcoming / homely energy.

When you order, the staff asks the level of sweetness for your drink and what kind of sweetener you'd like to use. My go-to sweetener is honey. A lot of places don't give enough TLC to their boba pearls but Bubble U makes them just right! The milk tea itself is perfect. My favorite drink is Rose Milk Tea. Gregorio's favorite is Honey Lavender Milk Tea. They also sell delicious macarons that I forgot to take a photo of. :< (next time!)
Have you discovered any new places around your area?
Adi Roblès
罗安翠
Follow Adri in Pink!

 Twitter  Instagram  Tumblr  Facebook 

Comments

  1. Qué buena pinta tienen! El de rose milk tea creo que me gustaría también ^^
    Un beso!

    Freak Muffin Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge boba fan, so gotta check this place out!!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard of those bubble drinks but I've never had one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot :D

    super cool place my dear

    NEW GET THE LOOK POST | TO DRESS THIS WEEKEND!!!
    InstagramFacebook Official PageMiguel Gouveia / Blog Pieces Of Me :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like trying new things. That must have been delicious!

    matiime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've tried these boba drinks before and really loved it. Perfect summer drink!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Thomas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks very delicious, yum! I would like to taste is as well ✿

    Blog de la Licorne * Instagram * We♥It

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the fun!