Tributo a Frida Kahlo.

Yesterday was painter Frida Kahlo's 107th birthday, so Feliz cumpleaños, Frida! Mamie J from Sewing on my kitchen table was having a tribute event in honor of Frida's birthday, and after great persuasion from my husband, I decided to make an outfit inspired by her iconic look. I bought a simple, white dress and sewed on different pieces that really made the dress come to life. I don't know how to make patterns yet, so the pieces I added were made by measuring and winging it! Here is the before and after:
 The dress is worn by my friend, Raquel, and the photos are taken by my husband. The red rose painted on the dress (not photographed above) was painted by my husband as well. The shoot was inspired by Frida's life and paintings. Without further adieu, enjoy the following photos! P.S: Not for the faint of heart. ;P


"Quisiera darte todo lo que nunca hubieras tenido, 
y ni así sabrías la maravilla que es poder quererte." 
-Frida Kahlo

Comments

  1. Adriana I love what you did. Frida's styles stood the test of time so modern so contemporary and you captured it right on!!! with this dress. Lovely model lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Angela! In all honesty, I probably wouldn't have gone this far with it if it wasn't for my husband. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a beautiful tribute Adi! (´▽`ʃƪ) You worked some major stitch witchery on that dress, it looks perfect. <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! If I had more time I would have added more things, but I was overall really happy with the way it turned out. :)

      Delete
  3. This dress looks fantastic! I love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frida!! Tan bella y inspirational se ve tu vestido.
    ♡ Dulce

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the fun!