G.T.'s Kombucha "Cherry Chia" Review.

My friend bought me this GT's Kombucha drink today at Vons; he's an omnivore but when he read the words "Gluten-free, Vegan, Non-GMO" he thought of me and even bought one for himself! There are four different categories of drinks which are Classic Kombucha, Classic Synergy, Enlightened Kombucha, and Enlightened Synergy. And within each category are a variety of flavors.

Each product contains what they say is, ".. a trace amount of alcohol", but the Classic Kombucha contains more alcohol than the others and you must be at least 21 years old to buy that one. These drinks are enriched in nutrients and contain eight times more omega-3s than salmon, have more antioxidants than blueberries and more fiber than oatmeal. Most of the ingredients (if not all) are also organically produced.

I had the Enlightened Synergy drink in Cherry Chia to give a try and the first thing I must mention is that this is not a drink for people who can't stand pulp in their juice. As you can see, the majority of the drink is loaded with raw chia seeds which was a bonus for me because I love the feel of pulp or seeds in my fruit drinks! 
Before taking my first sip, I sensed a tint of alcohol in the smell, but the taste is very different from the aroma. The taste is a bit acidic in the mouth at first, but not too acidic to hurt or cause discomfort. However, the aftertaste is light, sweet, and doesn't sting the throat. I do feel a slight feeling of energy after drinking this, but I'm more at a relaxed state (I've been a bit stressed over my summer semester and math class that I'm taking.)

The only thing I didn't like is the smell, but a little hold of the breath won't cause any harm! Overall, I do like the Cherry Chia flavor and would be interested in trying the other drinks that they have as well. For those of you who are curious about the ingredients and nutritional facts, I'll write them down below.
Ingredients: (* Organically produced.)
G.T.'s organic raw kombucha*
Raw chia seeds*
Cherry juice*
And 1OO% pure love!!!

Nutrition Facts:
Calories 75; Calories from fat 30
Total Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 10mg
Total Carbohydrate 8g
Sugars 4g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Protein 2g

ADDITIONAL NUTRIENTS: (per bottle)
Omega-3 (Alpha-Linolenic Acid) 4200mg
Omega-6 (Linoleic Acid)             1400mg

You can also visit their website here: GT's Kombucha Synergy Drinks.
Have you tried these drinks before? If so, which ones and how did you like them?
Feel free to comment!

Comments

  1. I adore you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious!! I wonder if they sell them over here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  3. look interesting o.o i wonder how it tastes like o.o

    Invite you to enter my giveaway :)
    Imomoi giveaway
    Persunmall giveaway
    I hope you will join :)

    visit my blog ^^
    www.luchluchcraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh, I've always wanted to try this drink but I never had the chance!


    http://benrazekmimi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usta loooove these drinks when I last visited the States. It was good, good, good! The only problem with them that they are high in sugar, so it's a good now, and then thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the fun!