Art Book Collection | Colección de Libros de Arte


 ENGLISH     |      ESPAÑOL

For a lifelong painter I ridiculously own just three art books. Wait until I purchase a bookshelf that covers an entire wall! This is not a review on the books (I myself don't like reading book reviews) but more of an appreciation post for their existence.

I've already shared a publication solely for The Story of Art back when the blog had a different title. In short, it is the grandaddy of art books for its informative knowledge on world art. It holds your hand from the early beginnings to art in modern times. 

The most recent purchase, Mysteries of the Ancient Americas hits home as it is purely based on the history of pre-hispanic art / artifacts from Latin America. Aztec, Maya, Inca, and all indigenous cousins in between!

The third is a must-have on my coffee table since he is my favorite sculptor. Essential Michelangelo shares the stories behind his work with photos of his rough sketches. It's a great book to read and admire on a rainy day like today.

The Story of Art

Essential Michelangelo

Mysteries of the Ancient Americas

The next book in my collection will either be on the three great Mexican muralists (Rivera, Orozco, Siqueiros) or of my favorite Spanish painter, Salvador Dalí!

Adriana "Adi" Robles
罗安翠

Comments

Post a Comment

Join the fun!