Reflections | Reflexiones

 ENGLISH      ESPAÑOL

My brain goes in circles as I try to figure out which direction I should move the paintbrush first. I found my passion in art through my own not-so-distant ancestry. As a child, I loved all the colors and details from the indigenous trinkets in my home, thinking, "How did our ancestors produce these amazing designs?"


The rough draft painting I am posing next to is one I made of Ehecatl, "Wind". Ehecatl signifies the second day of the Aztec calendar and was considered an ideal day for the community to rid themselves of any bad habits. I am currently working on improving my painting technique + sketch designs but I displayed Ehecatl in the Los Angeles Art Walk this past December.


Los Angeles has been chilly with an occasional wind in the air. I spent the last month of the year in my favorite parts of the city, most of the time in nature. It rained without warning but the rain only motivates me to keep going further.


I decided to spend NYE in San Francisco and caught a cold before even arriving. I layered myself in long-sleeve tops and challenged the steep hills of this enchanting city.  As you can see from the photo below, I began breaking out around the lower part of my face (again) due to hormones, stress, and poor eating habits.


What began as one red pimple on my cheek in mid August became a nightmare that dragged into the new year. But I've finally decided to not let people's comments about it bother me and do something about it myself, starting with my happiness.


The years go by without giving us time to think twice about our choices. You just have to take a leap and trust your gut. Time waits for no one and there is no rewind button. When you're young, you feel like you'll hit a "redo" button that will take you back by two years and live a little bit of youth again. Then you open your eyes and realize that there is no second chance and must make the best with what you have now while it lasts.


I am at an age I thought would take a long time to reach. Not old because I'm still in my mid-twenties, but at least happy to be sprouting a better mentality that feels more like me. One where I'm more responsible and am wasting less time damaging my self-esteem. Blogging feels so homely to me and my heart feels warm to be back.♡


I will continue to share my art here, but for more frequent updates, please follow my tumblr and instagram. Thank you and have a happy new year!

Adi Roblès
罗安翠
Follow Adri in Pink!

 Twitter  Instagram  Tumblr  Facebook 

Comments

  1. Funny, I'm 30 but I still get bad pimples. It happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been learning to get over it too. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your painting! I hope you have a wonderful 2019.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Have an amazing New Year<3

      Delete
  3. I am glad to see your painting again!!
    Your art always makes me happy:)
    I also had many pimples when I was young, and now I had many age spots, hahaha

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Akiko!
      Your illustrations always brighten my day on Instagram.
      And in regards of skincare I guess there is always something after one thing is gone. :)

      Delete
  4. Great Work
    https://47biz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel pimples are humans, the moment you think about them they come to visit you

    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!
      Thankfully most of them have gone away.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Join the fun!